Best low light FF Canon DSLR

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 14,668
Re: Best low light FF Canon DSLR

Let me give you a different answer.

You said you had problems with high noise when shooting pictures of your children with the Yongnuo 35mm f/2. I assume this is with ambient lighting only or with the built-in flash.

My suggestion is that you buy yourself a good TTL hot-shoe flash and learn to bounce the light off the ceiling or a wall to give you good light on your subjects. One of these hot-shoe flash units will be several times brighter than the 77D's built-in flash.

Using a bounced flash will let you reduce your ISO sufficiently to reduce the noise problem. Increasing the in-camera noise reduction a small amount will give you clean Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC) JPGs, or you can do the noise reduction in post if you preferre.

Bounce Flash Secrets – Bouncing Your Way to Better Photography

You should consider the Godox flash units sold by Adorama under their Flashpoint house brand. You get a real warrantee that Adorama honors vs a worthless piece of paper (if you even get that) from the Chinese suppliers on Amazon/eBay.

The Zoom TTL R2 uses four AA batteries while the Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL uses a LI-Ion battery for more shots from a single charge.

The Zoom-Mini TTL R2 also uses only 2 AA batteries but it is only half as powerful as the other two flash units.

Buying two sets of batteries plus an intelligent charger makes the total cost of the Zoom TTL R2 about the same as buying the Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL flash.

I recommend the Zoom LI-Ion R2 TTL flash as the best overall buy at $179.

Adorama Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 Flash With Integrated R2 Radio Transceiver - Canon (TT685C)

Adorama Flashpoint Zoom Li-ion R2 TTL On-Camera Flash Speedlight for Canon FP-LF-SM-ZLCA-V2 (V860)

FLASH HAVOC - GODOX – V860II-C – Canon TTL Radio Speedlite – (Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL)

Adorama Flashpoint Zoom-Mini TTL R2 Flash for Canon Compact Cameras (Godox TT350)

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 5DS R & 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow