How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,968
Re: How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

threw the lens wrote:

LisbethK wrote:

Hi, Lisbeth Kaufman here (CoFounder and CEO of KitSplit). I feel terribly for Yohahn and the other owner who had their gear stolen. I wanted to personally respond to let you know that we are fixing this and making them whole- and then some.

We are launching a new insurance product to cover owners in this situation: the KitSplit Theft Protection Owner Guarantee.

1. That means it's a further fee on Kitsplit use, a.k.a. another revenue stream.

2. It is an admission that KitSplit is inherently unsafe.

3. Insurance has a reputation for using all means possible to avoid being liable to pay out. It means KitSplit users could be even worse off by having a mistaken peace of mind and placing more on KitSplit than they can afford to lose.

Very well said... I brought up the first issue, but the other two are very important as well...

The Owner Guarantee means that KitSplit owners will be covered in all scenarios, whether damage, loss, or theft. It’s something we’ve been considered for a while, and with Yohahn's situation it’s clearly time.

We are the first rental platform to offer coverage of this kind. It fills a major insurance loophole, and it’s the right thing to do for our customers. To make good on this promise, we’re starting by reimbursing the Yohahn and the other owner.

You are welcome to read more about the problem and how we’re fixing it here.https://blog.kitsplit.com/announcing-kitsplit-theft-protection-owner-guarantee/

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow