Just took the plunge with 55-200

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 26,486
Re: Just took the plunge with 55-200

Careful, Truman. For many years my wife was a great assistant . . . and then SHE got into photography and I was left to carry my own stuff. Yikes. Now she owns, and carries, a complete Nikon system, complete with three lenses (along with 3 Best In Shows)!

Anyway, I am sure you will love this lens. Maybe a little soft on the long end, but for 99% of any photography it will matter not. Enjoy. A lot of pluses for this lens. Nice post.

Truman Prevatt wrote:

57LowRider wrote:

Congrats! Like you say, it doesn't quite have the sharpness of the Red Label zoom or the 56 and 90 primes, say, but it's pretty darn good - I'd say it punches above its weight,.

After a little more playing with it - it seems to tail off on the long end say above 150 to 160. Since I don't pixel peak - mostly print it should be just fine with the exception that it is slow. For the price I don't expect it to be as sharp or render like a fast prime.

That's fine. I can make my wife happy this summer. Heck I might even make her carry the H1 with the 55-200 attached

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow