Starting anew again

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ejm3 Regular Member • Posts: 285
Starting anew again

The last few years I gave up on photography. I will make a long story short. I lost some interest in it. People wanted me to do sr portraits and weddings. I wanted to do it for fun not money and when it became a job it wasn't fun. Also, family became a priority as well as failing eyesight. Gave my gear to my wife to use at school and donated some. Mom got sick with cancer. Thought she recovered but didnt and it took her life on 2/14/17. My dad has Parkinsons, insulin dependent diabetic with dementia and came to live with me and the wife. Wife suddenly passed away from an asthma attack on 5/11/18. Just me and dad now. I had corrective eye surgery so I can see again. Recently I was asked to do some photos again and said "yes". I am trying to rediscover myself again. I am thinking about switching gear brands. I have a Sony Alpha 6000 and 2 kit lenses those will do for now. I photograph mostly people and objects. Thinking about macro and maybe sports but not sure about the sports. I'm not completely sold on the way the Sony feels in my hands. My last gear was Canon and a good Tamron macro lens but all that equipment is gone. I have been looking at the Fuji XT3 or XT2 it looks more camera(ish) and looks like it may have more of a traditional feel like the Canon line.

Anyone got any input or suggestions about the Fuji or lenses? I know invest in glass not bodies. Or are there any other cameras I should look at? I would like to keep the price down to about 2k for the body and a good starter lens if I get back into this.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Beatings will continue until morale improves!

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow