How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,167
Re: How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

BillGarrett wrote:

I sure hope the 16-80 launches with a price point well below $1000US as some here have predicted, though my own prediction is that it will be $999 street at first. It's definitely a lens I'm interested in... though if it's $1k I might have to figure out how to do without it.

Fuji seems to be quite proud of their constant aperture lenses.  Their variable aperture lenses are about half to 2/3 the price of the fixed aperture lenses - with the exception of the 100-400.  The 16-80 is slow - especially for a mid-range lens.

The most expensive Fuji zooms are the 50-140 and 100-400.  The 50-140 is an internal zoom lens - that is the front of the lens does not extend when you zoom.  The 100-400 is expensive because it is a long zoom.  However, since it has a lock to prevent zoom creep, I assume it is external zoom like the remainder of the Fuji zooms.  One thing that makes the 50-140 expensive is the internal zoom.  I much prefer internal to external zoom but you will pay for it.  The 16-80 is an external zoom lens.

So I would expect the same price range as the 16-55 f2.8 at least initially.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow