How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,588
Re: How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

lewiedude2 wrote:

Yet it hasn't been labeled a Red Badge lens. I would think that the price would be around that of the 10-24. Currently at $899 on BandH.com, after the "permanent" $100 price reduction...list was $999. So, I will say $900. And, I don't need it or want it.

Yup, +1 for me as well.  I think for many who don't already have a favorite lens for travel, this might be the "pick of the litter."  However, for me, the 16-55 checks every box.  I like the constant aperture both for low light, and occasionally, a bit of subject isolation at the longer end of its FL range (though the latter is more rare in my case).  I also appreciate the superb IQ throughout the range.  I suspect if I had more use for the 55-80 range, then this would be an excellent choice for my kit, however, I would continue to opt for the 16-55 even if the 16-80 had been available at the time I bought it.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow