How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NextShowForSure Contributing Member • Posts: 628
Re: How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

afm wrote:

I guess the folks interested in this lens will rush to place an order and then hope they get a good copy. I agree it seem a good proposition for a traveller like me to have a one lens solution, but I am lucky to have a good 18-55 and will be reluctant to part with it particularly if the 16-80 is larger, heavier and expensive . Then there is the IQ. Time will tell I guess.

I doubt if you are lucky to have a good copy but have an average copy of the lens.

One important thing on this forum is to keep clear of all this good copy/ bad copy malarkey which will always be heavily biased as in any forums to posts about the bad copies.

And then you have to allow for the sent 26 copies back before I got a good one brigade, who probably just have not got the means to buy the ultimate precision equipment they crave and are frustratingly slumming it in the mass produced affordable sector, fishing for the best quality outliers on the normal distribution curve of expected variation in production.

We are rather conditioned in to thinking if our 18-55 is OK it is some sort of miracle.

Probably the 16-80 may have a smoother, more predictable and less idiosyncratic performance to avoid these criticisms but that will cost. For many the 18-55 is fine for what it is and can do.

NextShowForSure's gear list:NextShowForSure's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow