Tricky macro photography: what went possibly wrong?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP aryalg Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: For A7RII..

KE_DP wrote:

nebulla wrote:

Besides increasing the aperture to F8 or even to F11 or F16 for Macro, its a good idea to use a tripod and instead of firing the shutter yourself use 10 sec self timer on the camera to counteract any movement. The subject does not necessarily have to be totally in focus, but the area which is important needs to be sharp. If shooting handheld , keep your shutter speed high enough and set your camera to Auto ISO. Hope this works for you.

They mentioned tripod on the 6 second long exposure but something so lightweight outdoors did likely move.

An alternative to the timer - one could get an inexpensive knock off remote control - or use the Sony App on a phone (I think it's working?)

Also if you do use tripod - add a center weight to it if there's an option.

Lastly - also try manual focus since you seem to be shooting some objects that don't move the extra little time it takes may help to refine focus.

It's all a matter of testing out different techniques and find the ones that work for you best.

Yes Karen I own tripod and used it in one of the example shots above. As suggested by excellent tips I will experiment more with these tips and tricks.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gaurav
My photos at: https://500px.com/aryalgaurav
www.instagram.com/ggauravaryal

aryalg's gear list:aryalg's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow