How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,000
Re: How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

afm wrote:

I guess the folks interested in this lens will rush to place an order and then hope they get a good copy. I agree it seem a good proposition for a traveller like me to have a one lens solution, but I am lucky to have a good 18-55 and will be reluctant to part with it particularly if the 16-80 is larger, heavier and expensive . Then there is the IQ. Time will tell I guess.

Yup.  Just like the 10-24, 56/1.2, 90/2, X-T1, and X-H1, I plan on pre-ordering the 16-80 at first opportunity.  Hopefully the lens lives up to what I want it to be in my lens line up.

It'll be interesting to see how Fujifilm sees this lens.  Will it be higher quality?  Will it be designed from the ground up as a less expensive lens?  If Fujifilm prices the 16-80 too low (e.g., $400) I might have seconds thoughts pre-ordering it.  

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +56 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow