How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jonikon Veteran Member • Posts: 7,294
Re: It is an f4 lens

ASteve Bingham wrote:

The new Fufi 16-80 is an f4 lens. These are a lot cheaper to build than an f2.8/f4. I also TESTED the Nikon f2.8-f4 16-80 on a large ISO 12233 chart. It certainly had distortion at the wide end! (16mm). Although it had a few problems, it was a very well made lens . . .

Cough,cough...sputter! I can't agree and I doubt many others who can appreciate a well built lens would agree either. I would put the build quality of the Nikkor 16-80 on a par with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VR, that sells for $650.

and the best Nikon made for the DX.

Not even close. The best DX lens Nikon ever made is the Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8 ED-IF AFS. It's built like a tank and out of the five times I have rented this lens for wedding shoots  none showed defects such as  decentering. It's weakest at 17mm at the edges, but between 20-55mm it is very sharp across the frame with no signs of distortion or vignetting. The Nikkor 17-55 f2,8 Is a real dependable workhorse of a lens that never let me down.

-- hide signature --

Jon

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow