Decent new PC for old photographer... Under $1000? Possible?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP stanton Senior Member • Posts: 1,063
Re: Dell Refurbs

Chris Dubea wrote:

Please excuse if this has been mentioned already, but check out what's available from the Dell Refurb list: https://www.dellrefurbished.com/desktop-computers

All of the computers in my house have been bought off the refurb list. Anywhere from 15% to 50% off normal pricing.

Last year I bought a SFF desktop with an i7-7700, 16GB or Ram, FireGL PRo display card with a 1 tb spinning drive for under $800. Typical regular price for this at the time was above $1,200 as the GFX card is kinda pricey.

The issue with the Refurb list is availability comes and go's. I had to wait a couple of months for what I wanted to pop up as I was specifically looking for a SFF box. Less stringent requirements should be easier.

I'd already checked them out and got so lucky to get an A stock Alienware i7-8700 with GTX 1070 graphics card and HDD for $899.  They had them at Micro Center in Chicago and were sold out the same day as I got mine.  I don't think they had many, but this unit had been selling for $1500 not long ago.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow