How much is the XF 16-80mm f/4 going to cost?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 26,504
It is an f4 lens

The new Fufi 16-80 is an f4 lens. These are a lot cheaper to build than an f2.8/f4. I also TESTED the Nikon f2.8-f4 16-80 on a large ISO 12233 chart. It certainly had distortion at the wide end! (16mm). Although it had a few problems, it was a very well made lens . . . and the best Nikon made for the DX. Very few people paid full price for the lens, especially when it was later offered as a kit lens. In fact, it was often offered, new, for $800. I will still stick with my original USA price of $800 - maybe even lower. I think many will be surprised how good this lens is for an f4 zoom.

Remember the relatively new Nikon 70-300 AF-P VR (very important)? About as sharp as you can get at a give-away price. Amazing little lens - and cheap and slow!

By the way, I won't be buying it. Very happy with my 80mm macro and 14mm wide. Not so pleased with my 18-55. Really not that sharp, but very versatile. And yes, it (the Fuji 16-80) is being tested NOW by a few photographers. (Most major manufacturers are adamant about NDAs)

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow