Images of Russia...

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kent Ekasak
Kent Ekasak Regular Member • Posts: 473
Images of Russia...

Hi

My family just visited Moscow and St. Petersburg for nine days. It's unique historical country with grand architectural masterpieces. The costs of transportation and food were very reasonable. People talked no to little English, so Russian Uber and Google Translate came in handy.

For vacation photography, I am "in-between" - Not an auto mode guy; not a Raw guy.. I shot all in JPEG and enjoyed playing adjustment in-camera (picture profile, saturation, WB, EV, highlight/shadow curve)..

I took GX9 with three prime lens - 15/1.7, 25/1.4 and 42.5/1.2, and B+W CPL/ND0.6, and really loved JPEG color out of this sensor+lens.. GX9 is super easy to use and customize with excellent touch-screen LCD, but I wish it has 3-tilted screen like S1..

Enjoy the journey of photos (OOC JPEG, no post processing).. Story in the caption..

The most popular Russian landmark, St Basil's onion cathedral.. I came here in the morning with thick cloud, so revisited again in the evening and rewarded with blue sky like this..

This is the centerpiece of Kremlin, inside the red wall, Assumption Cathedral.. The sun behind put the shadow on the building which make different contrast from the top domes..

And the grandest of them all, Cathedral of Christ The Saviour..

Entrance of the elegant Peterhof Palace, near St. Petersburg..

On the palace balcony overlooking Baltic sea.. Finland on the other side..

Spectacular fountain every summer from 11am..

Another gorgeous Catherine Palace near St Peterburg..  Outside was spectacular.. But in summer, expect to wait 2-4 hours if you want to get inside..

Russia is famous for circus, and Bolshoi is the oldest and the most well-known.. It's really jaw dropping performance.. I use Nocticron with Ext Tele Conv function (1.4x lossless crop) and manual focus through the cage to get this kissing moment..

The street of St Petersburg on Sunday was pleasant.. On the right was a cool New Holland urban park.

no caption for this

Last but not least, St Isaac's Cathedral with beautiful flower as foreground and amazing blue sky on the back..

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow