16-35mm F2.8 GM + Tamron 28-75mm VS. Sony 24-70mm F2.8 GM for Aruba?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Smiller4128 Contributing Member • Posts: 573
16-35mm F2.8 GM + Tamron 28-75mm VS. Sony 24-70mm F2.8 GM for Aruba?

Hello All,

As you can tell by the title, I’ve got an upcoming honeymoon to Aruba in August and I’m trying to decide which lens to buy and bring with me. I already have the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8, but was debating selling it to help me get the Sony 24-70mm F2.8 GM instead because it’s a bit wider (I really like 24mm FOV vs 28mm). But then I started considering the 16-35mm F2.8 GM instead because it’s suppose to be a bit smaller and lighter and I know I’ve been in many situations outside of this upcoming trip where I could’ve really used the 16-35mm. I shoot a lot of conventions and it’s difficult to backup and get the shots that I would like unless I’ve got a a lot of room outside. So, I know it’s a lens I would use quite a bit. As I’ve already mentioned, I tend to use 24mm FOV a lot with 35mm being my second most used FOV. So it seems the 16-35mm makes sense, but would I need more range for the Caribbean?...I don’t THINK I would but maybe there’s others here with different opinions on focal lengths for that part of the world?

if I did go with the 16-35mm, it would cost me more but then I’d be able to hang onto the Tamron and just take both with me for the trip. Or is the Sony 24-70mm F2.8 THAT much better that I should just stick with it?

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T3 Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow