Is the z6 a good option for my wife???

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
waun New Member • Posts: 2
Is the z6 a good option for my wife???

My wife is an avid photo taker, but has always stuck with compact cameras or cell phones.  She has now expressed an interested in getting a nicer camera and signing up for some photography classes.

I'd like to buy her a camera that will help her move down that path and get her more involved in photography.  15+ years ago I owned a Nikon DSLR and loved it, so I'm inclined to stick with the Nikon brand.

Given the trend toward mirrorless cameras, it seems like the Z series is the way of the future, so I've been looking at the Nikon Z6 with the 24-70 f4 kit lens as a starting point.

I'd like some feedback to determine if it's a good camera for her to start with.  On the one hand it seems like (in auto mode) she could pick it up and start taking pictures right away, then begin exploring the cameras capabilities as she can.  On the other hand, I'm worried that the camera is too focused on the pro market and might not be a good fit.  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

waun

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow