Just can't get a decent blue sky from a Raw GR II file

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marb67 Regular Member • Posts: 490
Just can't get a decent blue sky from a Raw GR II file

For the life o me I just can't get a good blue sky that looks correct from my GR II in Lightroom 6. I don't have the cloud version as refuse to keep paying but the blue is very hard to get right. Also, there seems to be 2 different colours of blue going on between the top and bottom of skies depending on direction of the sun. Very good camera, excellent lens but colours leave a lot to be desired. My Nikon D750 is a dream to get good colour out of but I suspect it has something to do with Lightroom. I have used a trial of Capture 1 but wasn't impressed and not shelling out a lot of money just to edit GR raw files.

I always use the auto 1 WB setting on the GR. Any tips on processing in Lightroom would be appreciated.

Marb67's gear list:Marb67's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Nikon D750 Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow