Mitakon 35mm f/0.95 wide open in daylight... Electronic Shutter or ND filter?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CeeDave
CeeDave Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Mitakon 35mm f/0.95 wide open in daylight... Electronic Shutter or ND filter?

Sjak wrote:

JayPhizzt wrote:

I don't think there are many people that shoot moving subjects with manual lenses...

Why not? It's often easy to anticipate when and where a target will be. Recently, there was e.g. a post about someone experiencing issues with AF on kids on a swing; with MF, that is very easy. Or panning: with MF, there is no chance the system will suddenly decide to focus on something in the background instead.

I agree, this works for me, even with the Rokinon 135/2 for street performers (and that lens has very shallow DOF with its 67.5 mm entrance pupil, compared to 36.8 mm for the 35/0.95.

E-shutter is a good thing to have as a backstop on bright days with fast lenses, and often gives me shots with no objectionable artifacts. At least on the T1, ES cannot be used with tracking continuous AF, by the way.

Musician on Royal Street, New Orleans. EXIF is wrong (forgot to set it in menu, doh!)—this is the Rokinon 135/2 at f/2 and 1/5400 s, electronic shutter. She moved quickly, but predictably (and in a limited range).

-- hide signature --

Chris
A couple of Fuji cameras and assorted X-mount and adapted primes

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow