Coffee leads to donuts... A follow up question after PC purchase

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stanton Senior Member • Posts: 1,063
Coffee leads to donuts... A follow up question after PC purchase

A late friend of mine had a quote that I hadn't heard anywhere else....

"Coffee leads to donuts... Donuts leads to ants".   I guess this is a cleaver way of saying one thing leads to another and perhaps that next thing might spoil the party.

So here's the thing.  You guys not only got me "tech'd up" to buy my recently purchased PC but talked me into swapping out the HDD for a SDD.  I did that.  That thing boots up in 30 seconds flat!  My #2 computer is a 10 year old Sony Vaio duo core. It's been a workhorse and scary good considering how old it it. Even better than my 6 year old Vaio i5.

So on a (thoughtful) whim I decided to buy a second SDD and got a pretty good price on a 500GB Sandisk. I figured, if it made a difference in my Sony as a startup disk, great, if not I would reformat it and use it as a data drive in my new PC... Well, it seems to work great in the Sony.

And that leaves the 300GB HDD. It works fine and has had no issues.  I'm thinking about putting THAT in my new PC as internal data storage. I've got a several TB's of EXTERNAL drive storage, but those are only USB 2 and maybe some USB1 I'm thinking that SATA will be faster than USB2

So should I reformat the 300GB 2.5" sata drive (WD3200BEVS) or put the 3.5" Seagate 500 in there and secure it somehow (as the cages are only sized for 2.5".  BTW... Along the way I spend $29 and bought a WavLink dual docking station, real USB3.0 which opens some opportunities for my bare SATA drives.

Thoughts?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow