LA-EA3 question

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mojoman Junior Member • Posts: 30
LA-EA3 question

I've recently purchased the Sony A9 camera. I have a few pieces of A-mount glass that I'd like to use with the camera using an adapter. I have a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO DG HSM and a Sigma Macro 70mm f2.8 EX DG (screwdriver type).

From info I've been gathering it looks like the LA-EA3 would allow AF on both lenses. I'm trying to find out if the Tracking AF features will work with the 70-200? If not what AF features will work with it?

As far as the Macro 70mm, do I need to use the LA-EA4 for that to have AF & what AF features are lost? I've also got two older Minolta screwdriver type lenses. A Maxxum AF 50mm f1.7 and Maxxum AF 70-210 f1.4 "Beercan". Which adapter is needed for those two?

Thanks for any help.

Mojoman's gear list:Mojoman's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a9 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +10 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow