Automatic sensor cleaning Sony vs Canon vs Nikon

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Verland Regular Member • Posts: 129
Automatic sensor cleaning Sony vs Canon vs Nikon

How good is the automatic sensor cleaning in the current fullframe mirrorless cameras?

I had a Sony A7 in the past and one thing that annoyed me a lot was that I had to clean the sensor all the time. Of course sometimes I forgot to clean it and then small dust particles were visible all over the photos, visible especially in the sky.

Since one year I shoot with a Canon EOS M6 instead of the Sony. It performs automatic sensor cleaning every time I turn the camera off and it works really well. I almost forgot that I had this issue in the past, because I just don't have dust anymore on the sensor. It's a huge difference.

I am considering going full frame again, so I am looking at pros and cons of each system. Does the automatic sensor cleaning in the Canon R/RP work as good as with the EOS M6? Do latest Sony cameras still draw dust like a magnet? How is it with Nikon Z cameras? Thanks for your input!

Verland's gear list:Verland's gear list
Sony a5100 Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon EOS M6 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow