Rokuoh-sha Tokyo Hexar Ser.1 105/4.5

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Travis Butler
Travis Butler Senior Member • Posts: 1,069
Rokuoh-sha Tokyo Hexar Ser.1 105/4.5

Found this one over the weekend at an estate sale, and it's something of a weird duck.

It was sitting next to an enlarger at the sale, so my first thought is that it was an enlarging lens. The most thorough reference I've been able to track down so far does list a 10.5cm Hexar Ser.1 among the early Konica lenses. I don't think I've seen a lens with an exposed helicoid like this before, though a couple of the pics I've found in web searches show something similar. It has an odd thread, just barely larger than M42, so I'm not sure how to mount it; if there was a retaining ring, I didn't see it in the parts when I picked it up.

In the end, it may not come to anything - after cleaning off the layer of dust, the rear element is still cloudy. But it would be interesting to try to get working.

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax Q Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +18 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow