Another lizard (K1ii, 150-450)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 7,052
Another lizard (K1ii, 150-450)

These lizards live on the fortress walls here in Corfu. I've always wanted to photograph them, but I would feel a little akward, crawling on all fours, with a bazooka sized lens in the middle of town, waiting for a skittish lizard to show up... They measure about 25cm without the tail. They look pretty strong, and sometimes fight each other. They can gett quite vocal.

Then a few days ago, as i was walking by the fort, one of the lizards was sitting there looking at me. I had the lens with me (150-450) and so of course i gave it a shot. The 200 macro is my preferred lens for this sort of thing, as the bokeh is just to die for. But in this case, the 150-450 is better. These guys are fast and wont let me get too close.

The picture is actually rotated, he's climbing a vertical wall. But I get vertigo!

Hope you like it.

Oh, and if you know the scientific name of the lizard, that would be awesome!

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian since 1997!
Corfu, Greece
N.B. All my images are protected by Copyright

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow