Hi-Res photo action after Firmware 3.0

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
banest Forum Member • Posts: 89
Hi-Res photo action after Firmware 3.0

I upgraded my E-M1 Mark II to Firmware 3.0 with no problem last week. This weekend, I was shooting some Hi-Res shots, and noticed a change: in the past, as expected, it took 8 shots with the electronic shutter, and all you could hear is the slight noise from the IBIS as it shifts the sensor around. After updating to Firmware 3.0, it still makes the IBIS soft sound, and I assume it is still taking the 8 electronic shutter shots, but now at the very end of the sensor movement sequence, it is apparently taking a shot using the mechanical shutter!! You can distinctly hear the mechanical shutter, which is a big difference, and I am wondering what is going on??? As far as I can tell, it still returns the large hi res ORF, the ORI file, and the jpeg file. The mechanical shutter sound is the only apparent difference. Anybody experience the same after upgrading to 3.0, or am I screwing something up, or what??

banest's gear list:banest's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow