Official: Oly 3.0 firmware bug for Em1ii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gary payne Contributing Member • Posts: 940
Official: Oly 3.0 firmware bug for Em1ii

I totally love my Olympus gear and hate to report this.

This is only for Mojave Mac from what I was told...it's not happening with PCs.

Just got off the phone with Oly representative who I called after my update failed (blank screen after I clicked "storage") in the early stage of the update process.

The technician (Freddie) noted that some Mac users were experiencing failed updates and a few had damaged cameras or at least error messages after attempting 3.0

Oly is working on a fix and hope to have it done within a few days to two weeks.  They do not suggest Mojave users to try the update at this point.

I was able to shut my camera off (at his direction) and disconnect my camera seemingly without error messages or other problems but haven't tested it fully.

Some folks have managed to get the update done correctly with Mojave so I expect to get that response here.  But I thought I'd better sound the alarm anyway.

Gary

gary payne's gear list:gary payne's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow