Manual focus tips for a-6000?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
christoso New Member • Posts: 11
Manual focus tips for a-6000?

Hello,

I recently purchased an adapter for my Leitz R-lenses for my a-6000. Loving the results! The manual focus is a bit of a challenge knowing what's perfectly in focus.

The best I've come up with is switching the Zoom to "digital", then made the AEL button do the "focus magnifier" so pressing it twice gets me really zoomed in for the focus. I also have the Zebra assist on - even though its more for over exposure it does help focus in some cases.

That's much better with the "focus magnifier" but still a challenge. My friend has the a-7 and he showed me the edge detection that has for manual focus, it actually shows you what's in focus with red dots - tried my Leitz lenses on his body wow what a difference! Was hoping the firmware update for a-6000 would have this but it doesn't.

Any other tips on making manual focus a bit better? Will the a-6000 firmware updates ever have the edge detection red dots for manual focus?

Thanks,
Christos
Vancouver, Canada

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow