Problem with Godox X1R-N and Yongnuo YN685 (Nikon)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Spare-time photog Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: Problem with Godox X1R-N and Yongnuo YN685 (Nikon)

BillAngel wrote:

• I also use a Yongnuo YN685 flash with a Nikon DSLR. In my case it communicates with the camera via the Youngnuo YN622N-TX controller mounted on the camera's hotshoe. The full functionality of the flash appears to be correctly supported via the controller without any "glitches". And there is no need for a receiver to be mounted on the flash's hotshoe.

With my D800 everything was fine. But with the Z7 I had a problem with HSS from 1/250 to 1/400 or something like that, I can't remember the exact range.

In this range HSS wasn't working properly, but only if the flash was used without a receiver. If I used the 622 everything was fine. So the alternative was to spend additional bucks for a 622 receiver.

This and the fact that I always wanted something like the AD200 from Godox, made me switch to Godox. Hence the need for using a receiver.

Spare-time photog's gear list:Spare-time photog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon 85mm F1.8G
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow