Impossible to update Oly OMD EM1 MkII firmware 3.0

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
shmelej
shmelej New Member • Posts: 4
Impossible to update Oly OMD EM1 MkII firmware 3.0

Hi guys,

I am in extreme frustration. ALl features of the OMD EM1 mkII firmware 3.0 clesely fit my hopes. My EM1 mkI is now near the end with 275000 shots. And I need to begin to use my MkII instead (for focus stacking photos of museum wild bees).

I tried to make the update by using Olympus Workspace 1.1, after a chek to the last available update.

I received the message

"Failed to communicate with the server (Ox80041037)"

I tried several times, then several days, without success. Same message, same fail.

I also tried the method that I was using to upgrade to the version 2.3 : By using SD card, through the website

https://lightsnowdev.com/Olympus/OMD/OMD-E-M1II.html

And, indeed, you can download there the very last Firmware 3.0.

That gives a file on your computer named

OLY_E_125_3001_0000_0000.BIN

Then this website recommends to use a new SD card, create a subdirectory entitled

DCOLYMP

then to copy there the OLY_E_125_3001_0000_0000.BIN and rename it

E1209999.BIN

After that, you switch off the camera, insert the SD. Then start the camera while pushing the "OK" button.

It SHOULD then be a black screen and blinking orange front led during a while (few minutes).

But IT DOES NOT WORK with my camera.  It just start normally, instead, without black screen and bliking orange led.

That means that I have no way to update my camera.

Any help, please.

Pierre Rasmont
Lab of Zoology, University of Mons, Belgium

shmelej's gear list:shmelej's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +8 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow