EF-M 32mm F1.4 - autofocus works loudly

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Svenek Forum Member • Posts: 93
EF-M 32mm F1.4 - autofocus works loudly

Today I received EF-M 32mm F1.4 and the first thing I noticed is that the autofocus works loudly. It is not a very loud noise, but much louder than my other lenses from the series M. EF-M 15-45 is practically inaudible, 55-200 is slightly louder but still barely audible, EF-M 22mm is bit loudest of them, but still very quiet, it also has minimal vibrations during autofocus operation. The EF-M 32 is much much louder than 22, and its vibrations are also much much more pronounced. My question: - Is it normal?

The lens looks quite new and unused, but the box was a bit tired and without any protection. Autofocus, except noise, works quickly and correctly. The noise a bit worries me.

The lens generally makes a good impression, but it's heavy (I got used to super light lenses). I also have a problem keeping sharpness below 1/60s and it disturbs me too because I often use 1/5, 1/10, 1/25 s, etc. with my EF-M 22mm and 55-200.

Are your 32mm silent, eg like 22? How do you deal without stabilization? How slow can you shoot?

Svenek's gear list:Svenek's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow