Epson Pro 3880 "died" - recommendations for replacement?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crowley213
crowley213 Contributing Member • Posts: 664
Epson Pro 3880 "died" - recommendations for replacement?

Finally my Epson Pro 3880 "died"...! A problem with the valve for the black cartridges or even the print head, the technicians down here in Mexico are not absolutely sure and the cost estimation for a potential successful repair (!!!) they provide me is in a range where a repair does not any more make sense for me. RIP...!

The question: What printer now?

Some parameters to be considered:

- Even my wife and I are just enthusiasts (my wife doing event photography, I am doing more nature and landscape photography) really high quality of the prints is the most important factor.

- Print sizes up to A3 would be nice, roll feeding is not a must at all.

- In relative terms print cost is a factor, means it should be in a still "reasonable" range.

Not sure at this moment if I should go again for an Epson printer or a Canon printer, as:

- I really love the print quality of the Epson printers, especially when using their high quality papers!

- I am concerned about known Epson issues like clogging and cartridge cost, especially considering that we are not printing that much (maybe once per week).

- Epson products and service seems to be more difficult to get down here in Mexico than for example Canon products (service I do not know).

- Never used a Canon photo printer, so I have no comparison between Epson and Canon.

- Not sure if we can use the Epson papers also for Canon printers (profiles available?) or if we would need to switch the papers.

- Purchase cost for the printer is not really an issue as long as it is a real quality product (you get what you pay for).

Thankful for any tips, recommendations and hints!

Herbert

crowley213's gear list:crowley213's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow