Likely launch date for OMD EM5 mk3?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nigelc1 New Member • Posts: 9
Likely launch date for OMD EM5 mk3?

I'm guessing this is not going to happen until September/October with examples actually reaching shops before Christmas. I am able to make a small investment now (without SWMBO complaining) but later in the year might be more difficult. I can get an OMD 1 mk2 and upgrade firmware to 3.0 for about £900 (greyish) less the £250-300 I might get for vgc OMD5 mk2. The 5 Mk3 will probably be about £1000 launch price so will actually cost me more. I truly cannot see the 5 mk3 having anything the 1 mk2 hasn't got except possibly a higher res EVF - don't see 20.4 MP being exceeded or BSI sensor or would have gone onto EMIX.

For me the ergonomics of the OMD 1mk2 is pretty near perfect - would you wait?

As a footnote I don't unfortunately think the OMD5 mk3 will be a huge success - I think some goodwill may have been lost over the long wait when Olympus appeared to place higher priority on the X as a niche product. To justify that the 5 mk3 would need to be a big step but I don't think it will; same sensor as 1 mk2, 4K video (irrelevant to me) slightly quicker response times, clean up menus etc.

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow