Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
olstrup Veteran Member • Posts: 3,744
Re: then don't use it

Peter v.d Werf wrote:

olstrup wrote:

Peter v.d Werf wrote:

olstrup wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

.... but really, the camera offers so many possibilities that if it is not enough for you then it's your skills which must be improved the first place.

+1.

I have owned and used cameras for more than 50 years and I have yet to see a camera which doesn't have quirks necessitating workarounds - as seen from my personal perspective.

As Alfred Eisenstaedt said: "Good pictures doesn't come from fancy gear - good pictures are the result of the photographers ability to be ressorceful with whatever gear he has". It has never been easier to be ressourceful than it is with present day cameras.

If everyone thought like mr Eisenstaedt, then probably there would not have been any progress in camera gear development in the last 50 years as we'd all be stuck improving on our skills working with camera's as where available in the early 1900's.... Or perhaps in your 50 years or camera experience you indeed have only worked with those, could be of course....

But cameras are factory products and not custom builds and it's impossible to please everybody 100%.

Sounds like something mr. Eisenstaedt could have said;-). But really, I really hope that the fact that something is a mass production or factory product, does not limit or prohibit users from making comments how things work or come up with suggestions on what they think should improve....

Isn't that exactly what (should) drive improvements? Perhaps imagine that other users have other requirements and would prefer to have something changed/improved. The fact that it's not relevant for your usage, should not automatically invalidate another users requirements.
But perhaps mr. Eisenstaedt has another view, quote or experience on that;-)

I've had multiple situations where at first I thought a new feature or function would not apply for me, but once using it, is did improve my workflow or improve quality..

I think you have misunderstood my point. In fact, I don't think we disagree much.

Thanks for you additions, I might have jumped to conclusions then, my apologies. And while I share the OP's findings/expectations, choosing indeed wording like seriously flawed etc is not very inviting on a forum for an open discussion and can get heated up more quickly.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread, took some interesting findings and new information from it and moving on;-)

Thanks for your reply. It's OK. All the best.

-- hide signature --

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow