Anyone still using the Minolta 28-70 2.8 G?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anders_Nilsson Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Anyone still using the Minolta 28-70 2.8 G?

My trusty Minolta 24-105 has given up and I think about replacement. Still, after 8 months I haven't gotten to buy a new lens. a77ii with 16-50 is too good for me to feel the pressure.

Now, recently here in China it seems sellers are beginning to give in on the old Minolta stuff. SAL2470 is still at $700 or so second hand, and the Minolta 24-105 is only $100-$150. The Sigma is unobtainable. Saw one in Tokyo I might pick up.

Now, the 28-70 2.8 G seems to have recently dropped to around the $400 mark, in the same ballpark as the Sony/Tamron 28-75 which seems to be a meh lens.

Is anyone still using the 28-70 and can comment? My strong suspicion is that it is nowadays mostly a romantic myth that is best passed over but I would appreciate input on how it behaves on the a99 mark 1. I know about the flare and ghost issues, but how is sharpness?

Or what about that special Minolta magic? I know, a charged topic...

I have read Kurt Munger and the others but real user feedback would be nice. I have used the Minolta 24-105 and 35-105 Old so I can relate to those lenses.

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow