As unbiased as can be please? Help needed.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 5,536
native & OEM is better than adapted and 3rd party

Focus Lock wrote:

Thanks Phil. I guess I’ll have to take a financial hit one way or another when I sell my unused gear but you’re right; it’ll be better not to have it sat there anyway.

Buy the brand name lenses and be happy with it. My GM 135 is blistering fast in AF and my GM 85 is a joy using for portraiture and the G 12-24 is just a marvel in landscape photography.

All top notch Sony lenses I bought are top notch when using them. I stopped 3rd party lenses long ago for lenses where AF is important.

You hardly can beat the A7R III with respect to portrait situations and in sports the A9 is a marvel to use. I guess the nest A7R incarnation will get even better AF to close the gap.

DSLRs are long term fading away - maybe even mid term.

In case you enjoy living on an island this won't matter much to you and I acted that way in the past with large format sheet film for a decade - was a joy being the only one in my area

Today I enjoy the lens virility to choose from and the upcoming toys for further enjoyment.

Nikon is doing not so well financially and Canon might get in trouble soon too with the declining market.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R III Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow