Two questions about features in X-T30

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kmrunner Forum Member • Posts: 68
Two questions about features in X-T30

I have spent the last 2 days immersed in trying out the Fujifilm X-T30 as part of a try-before-you-buy program. Overall, I have enjoyed using this camera, but I have two questions/ issues that I'm sure are related to my overall lack of knowledge of Fujifilm systems. Your input is appreciated.

(1) Is the remote app useful to you? I am not inexperienced when it comes to technology and apps and how to navigate them. However, I have to say, I found it a hugely frustrating experience to test out the remote app. Some of the issues I had were:

• I could not use the app via cell service; I had to be connected to WiFi. Is there a setting to change so you can use cell if desired?
  • I could not update the firmware if the battery charge was low and the camera was plugged in to a portable power source (battery pack). I had no problems if the camera was plugged in to a wall outlet. Is this working as designed?
  • Live view... seems to take a long time to register the image on the camera (the lights flash for at least a minute). Is this working as designed?
  • The app runs in the background on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, and there doesn't appear to be a way to turn this off. 

(2) "Memory full" when using BKT1.  I formatted the memory card I was using because I changed to BKT1 on the dial and got a message: "Memory Full." After formatting, I shut off the camera and started it again, went to BKT1 and "Memory Full" was displayed. Any thoughts as to why the message still appears yet I can still take photos (just not when BKT1 is selected)?

Thank you.

kmrunner's gear list:kmrunner's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow