Pentax 26mp APSC in the works

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Massao Senior Member • Posts: 1,157
Re: Pentax 26mp APSC in the works

bob5050 wrote:

Massao wrote:

How is Sigma? does this focusing behaviour sound familiar? or it locks on focus snappily?

It's pretty much point and shoot--no noticable hunting or indecision.

Excellent 😊

However--

I’m pretty sure its the lens more than the camera

I'm way less sure about that. I got this lens after I had moved to the K-3, so I don't know directly about how it would perform on the K-30. But I can say I had several other lenses that were nearly unusable in the dark on the K-30 with focus-hunting, but that behaved entirely differently and more surely on the K-3. If the Tamron hunts all the time, then I'd be more convinced it's the lens. If it's only in low-light, it could very well be the camera. For low-light shooting, moving to the K-3 after the K-30 was a revelation.

Hmm good points. Many thanks; Ok, I’ll test this further: good light vs low light.

Completely different venue--this is a really under-visited museum in Prague --well worth your time if you like medieval (1200-1600) sculpture and religious art.

I'd probably brighten up the color intensity a bit on the last three--museum lighting can often be a bit flat. But like the previous set these are all SOOC.

bob5050

Nice history through sculptures. I haven’t been to Prague (I know, strange..lol), but certainly on my list.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Massao
--
First camera: Canon FTB; First autofocus SLR camera: Pentax; First Nikon: F601 (N6006); First digital camera: Sony DSC-W5; First DSLR: Nikon D70; First mirrorless ICL camera: Samsung nx11

Massao's gear list:Massao's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony SLT-A37 Pentax K-30 Sony SLT-A58 A3000 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow