Pentax 26mp APSC in the works

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Massao Senior Member • Posts: 1,133
Re: Pentax 26mp APSC in the works

bob5050 wrote:

Massao wrote:

.. does the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 focuses faster than Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8? It would if Sigma is without screw-driven AF, is it?

I don't know the Tamron, so no opinion there at all. But the Sigma is an HSM focus--it's way faster/quieter than any of my screw-driven lenses. According to Sigma it's "a ring-type ultrasonic motor designed to provide quick and silent focusing." It does.

Pro: it's sure, fast, and quiet on my K-3. I useit as my walk-around evening lens since it's a bit faster than the 18-135mm. Also good for museums, churches, dimmer interiors.

Con: It's a bit big (77mm filter ring), but then modern lenses seem to be heading that direction...

Quibble: the zoom in-out twist is opposite that of the Pentax 18-135. Had to get used to that. <g>

Over all--no regrets about getting it at all. If I can get to it I'll post a couple of example shots later this evening.

bob5050

Many thanks. Ok

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Massao
--
First camera: Canon FTB; First autofocus SLR camera: Pentax; First Nikon: F601 (N6006); First digital camera: Sony DSC-W5; First DSLR: Nikon D70; First mirrorless ICL camera: Samsung nx11

Massao's gear list:Massao's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony SLT-A37 Pentax K-30 Sony SLT-A58 A3000 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow