a6500 stops showing live view when a remote flash trigger is being used

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dave Englund
Dave Englund Forum Member • Posts: 53
a6500 stops showing live view when a remote flash trigger is being used

Here's something I'm finding on the Sony a6500. I have my Display Live View settings to On. That allows me to see the effects of my changes in shutter speed and f-stop immediately. Except when I put the Godex remote trigger on the camera! As soon as I instal the remote trigger on the flash shoe mount, the camera no longer shows me the effects in Live View on the LCD for changes in shutter or f-stop.

I am in Manual mode on the camera, and manual mode for my flash(s)on the Godox trigger. But, something in the a6500's system overrides the Display Live View mode settings effects the moment a remote flash trigger is mounted to the camera. It then displays a constant overall brightness in the LCD screen.

That makes it difficult to get a good setting for ambient light outdoors when also using off camera flash. Is there a setting on Sony A series cameras to turn that off? So far, I haven't found it

Dave Englund's gear list:Dave Englund's gear list
Panasonic G85 +1 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow