GFX 50S Questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve in Colorado Junior Member • Posts: 31
GFX 50S Questions

Howdy MF'ers,

I'm about to move into semi-retirement, and I've got a little cash burning a hole in my pocket. (And by little I mean GFX 50S cash, not GFX 100 cash.)  I'm mostly a landscape guy, and I used to own an XPan, loved that camera.  Interestingly, the short and long ends of the GF 32-64 zoom just about match (taking into account format size) the 45 and 90 lenses I had for the XPan.

Questions:

- Do you all think retail prices on the 50S will drop significantly soon? Since this is a (semi-)retirement present for myself, I'd sort of like to buy new at my local shop.

- Do you all think a RRS BH-40 ball head would be sufficient for this body, or do I need the full monty BH-55 or equivalent? I don't plan to mount anything longer than the 110 or 120.

- I like the rangefinder style of the 50R, but I think the tiltable viewfinder and more flexible touchscreen will probably be better for landscape photography.  Thoughts?

By way of an introduction, here's an XPan image (scanned at 4000 dpi, I believe).

Missouri Lakes, Holy Cross Wilderness, Colorado

Steve in Colorado's gear list:Steve in Colorado's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow