As unbiased as can be please? Help needed.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
fjbyrne
fjbyrne Veteran Member • Posts: 8,350
Re: As unbiased as can be please? Help needed.

Focus Lock wrote:

hi guys,

this question could also be posed on the Nikon forum but I’m hoping to get your help as ex Nikon users here.

my issue is that I have bought the Sony a7iii and 24-105, as well as the 55 1.8 and now the Samyang 85mm. These primes have had very little use and the 85 wide open i found problems with eye AF. I do love the Sony though and have enjoyed using it with the 24-105. It’s a keeper.

Can't speak about the Samyang 85 but I have the Batis 85 and the AF is great including eye-AF

i am now faced with having my Nikon d500 and 200-500 lens which is great for sports and wildlife. Very fast and accurate. I also have the 16-35 lens; 50 mm1.8; 70-200.

Now all these are FF lenses and I am now stuck as to wanting a FF body like the d850 to use these lenses or should I sell up these lenses and move to the A7riii and it’s prime equivalents? On one hand I am trying to put my eggs into one system and on the the other I feel I could lose less money by keeping the Nikon gear but then I’d be running a FF Nikon, a CROP sensor Nikon and the FF Sony.

For sports/wildlife I would suggest getting the D850 as I think you'd need an A9 to really rival that camera.  If you want to go all in with Sony check out the A9 and the new 200-600 G that was just released.

Sorry for the long question but how can I best sort this out?

-- hide signature --

Rick

fjbyrne's gear list:fjbyrne's gear list
Sony a7 III Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a6000 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow