Looking for input on photo file management and backup

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
caalpaal New Member • Posts: 19
Looking for input on photo file management and backup

Over the years I have accumulated a large number of photos from different cameras and smart phones and in different formats. Most of them are in my Windows 10 laptop, but some are also in Google Photos, or in SIM Cards or smart phones. I have thousands of them. A few years back I used Adobe Photoshop Elements but found it slow and ineffective. I have bought a 3T external hard disk to centralize the storage of all the photos and basically remove them from all my computers.

I would appreciate your thoughts on applications that can streamline the process of consolidating photos in a single external hard disk and that can automatically perform indexing based on data and exif data, as well as providing easy management from my laptop and possibly integrate with Capture One 12 Express for Fujifilm. Any thoughts on backing up the external data disk to an cloud based service or additional external hard disk would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

caalpaal's gear list:caalpaal's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow