Nikon F100 work with Tamron Zoom Lens ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
incrediblehark Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Nikon F100 work with Tamron Zoom Lens ?

I shoot using an F5 all the time with my entire range of lenses, unfortunately they're all Nikon branded lenses. However, my brother shoots his F100 often and uses only 3rd party Tamron and Sigma lenses.  His lenses are all a little older but they were still made long after the F100 was manufactured.

My F5 works perfectly with my 24pce lens. My understanding is that the F100 can do anything the F5 can do but just in a more compact body.  You received some good advice to test it first, but you might just check to see with the manufacturer what DSLR bodies the 3rd party lens in question is compatible with. If it would work on a D700 for example, I would guess it would work but you should test it just in case.

Good job shooting film and using the F100. I still enjoy film and love my F5 (and my zillion other film bodies).

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

-Adam

incrediblehark's gear list:incrediblehark's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow