Which other factors determen (perceived) image sharpness?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Landscrape Forum Member • Posts: 89
Which other factors determen (perceived) image sharpness?

Hi everyone!

In landscape photography I do a lot of things right (I hope). To name a few: using a tripod, mirror lock up, choosing the right aperture (alway's a challenge), using the hyperfocal distance if necessary, even focus stacking. I have seen landscape and architectural shots with such incredible sharpness that it has become my dream to achieve similar sharpness (I am mainly talking sharpness). But when I am being honest, I almost never got one shot as sharp as I liked. Only a few, and they weren't landscape pictures and those where taken on the same day.

I know for sure that it isn't about my gear Canon 5 D mark 3 with good, calibrated, lenses (Canon 24-105mm f4.0 + Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro SD FX + Canon 16-35mm f4.0). Those are all fine lenses able to produce images that are nice and sharp to the eye.

What other important factors contribute to image sharpness and are any of those controllable? What things do you do to try and achieve that ultra (perceived) sharpness that I like so much? I can think of a few factors... but I am not going to name any and are eager to see what different things you are comming up with.
Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow