The Infinite Photo Wall

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 17,258
The Infinite Photo Wall

A very rich photo collector, when asked how she plans to display her vast collection, replied:

That's the f***ing problem now, isn't it?"

So where are our precious photos, and the moments and feelings and thoughts that they capture? Sitting on a hard drive, for sure. Some get printed and placed in a closet. A few may hang on a wall, where they gradually become invisible to us. The time we spend taking photos, editing, processing, printing, posting is out of balance to the time we spend liking our photos, contemplating them, enjoying them, making them a part of our life.

That is why i bought a 65" OLED TV some time ago, but I've put off making full use of it (while my wife has been using it to watch British gardening shows when she cooks.)

But now I'm finally putting it to good use. I use Roku to organize my streaming apps. For photos, Google photos has a usable app, but Plex is the photo streaming app of choice. I export photos at 4K (3840x2160). I just assembled all the photos I've posted on my blog, tossing about 25% that I no longer fancy or want in this group, and exported 1300 to play randomly on the TV.

In the future, I plan to create other galleries.

I'm very glad I did this.

Don't forget to make time to enjoy your own labor.

-- hide signature --

Frank
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/
Photos look better in Original Size
Shot in downtown Manhattan, mostly

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow