OMD EM1 Mark II Firmware 3.0 appreciation

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fsi Regular Member • Posts: 421
OMD EM1 Mark II Firmware 3.0 appreciation

As a new owner of the OMD EM1.2 , I cannot with complete objectivity say if FW 3.0 has definitively improved the CAF ability of the camera, but it has improved userbility.

This thread is an appreciation of this incredible camera as I am experiencing it after FW 3.0, it also is an almost one month sharing of my thoughts and impressions.

The EM1 continues to impress me with it's AF and ergonomics. Over the past few days, I've been trying to fine tune my preferences of button mapping and handling. I'm slowly finding myself feeling more confident with the little discomforts of the system and thoroughly enjoying the joys that go with it.

Live view is great and never feels like a handicap to the system unlike on previous systems, I've used, it's an additional dynamic to an already versatile system.

The focus limiter is brilliant. Something I use all the time.

The evf is very good, for me. I've heard lots of complaints, personally it works for me. Keeps up with the action and feels fuctional.

The new CAF - Manual is a joy , also the camera remembers previous non hp setting, hp is now a toggle, in essence.

Wide open at f2.8, The Leica 200mm is a marvel of magnificent.

Leica wide open, EM1.2 CAF is just pure insanity at times. These types of shots were impossible for me previously

Completely caught me off. heard splash, spun around and focus was instantaneous

caught a few more, than these 2, the speed of acquisition is so impressive.

Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow