Problem with Godox X1R-N and Yongnuo YN685 (Nikon)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Spare-time photog Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: Problem with Godox X1R-N and Yongnuo YN685 (Nikon)

StarPortraits wrote:

I use hss all the time. Godox flashers suck at hss. They overheat quickly. I was thinking about the same thing just go and switch to all Godox. But I returned my Li on Godox flash and went back to my old faithful Nikon flashers sb800 and sb600. They can take on hss. Perhaps its the Godox heat protector turning on too soon, whatever the case, its also the reason I now use the ad-b2 with 2 ad200's and bulbs only then they can take the hss load. A single ad200 is better served for small aperture use.

So if I understood you correctly even the AD200 has its problems with intensive hss usage?

Now the X1R-n has bugs that haven't been addressed by Godox. Not even the latest firmware fixes the issue. My Nikon flash cannot be turned off from the X1T-n transmitter. Only way is to go and turn off the X1R switch. Figure that. Begs the question if the new X2R/X2T fixes the issue.

With the Yongnuos this works, at least with the Xpro.

I am new to the whole Godox thing, so perhaps my question is naive:

Is there any chance that the support is listening to this bugs and problems?

Spare-time photog's gear list:Spare-time photog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon 85mm F1.8G
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow