The strong alternative!

Started Jun 22, 2019 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Khun_K
Khun_K Senior Member • Posts: 1,631
The strong alternative!

The Panasonic Lumix S1R is a very well balanced performer in still images and I can't make comment on its video capability because I have not yet tried it nor I intend to.

Although with only the Lumix S 24-105/4 and Sigma 24-70/2.8 DG HSM Art and 85/1.4 DG HSM Art (both in Canon mount using MC-21 mount adapter on S1R) I have enough coverage for 99% of what I normally shoot.

The S1R is very well built and one can feel its rigidness once it is pick up instantly. The S1R is in the size department of the reflex cameras that I am used to although common sense suggests the mirrorless camera tends to be smaller and lighter. It is without a doubt Panasonic can make the S cameras lighter and smaller if it is decided so, my take on the camera size and weight is a marketing decision than engineering limitations.

I have my Blog to cover my first try of the camera - https://www.kaisernchen.com/post/into-changed-landscape

It is not a BLOG for a gear review and I don't have the patience to do the common gear review.  What I do is a short image journal base on my personal preference and as a photographer to share some basic information,

Some images with S1R for reference;

Khun_K's gear list:Khun_K's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Sony RX1R II Leica Q2 Sony DSC-RX0 II leica m edition 60 +134 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R
47 megapixels • 3.2 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Feb 1, 2019
Khun_K's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow