Nikon D750 with Nikon 24-70 2.8 VR

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Toby43 Contributing Member • Posts: 501
Re: Nikon D750 with Nikon 24-70 2.8 VR

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I'm only a hobbiest too, but I got in the habit of two bodies back in the 1990's, using ISO 400 film in one and ISO 64 in the other. Sometimes different ISO's, sometimes slide versus print, sometimes color versus black and white.

At other times I just use the same film (or ISO settings on digital), but like the flexibility of two bodies with complementary lenses, especially primes.

After carrying a gripped N90s with 80-200F2.8 and often an SB-24/26 speedlite, the weight of an ungripped camera with a simple 24-70 zoom doesn't seem heavy in any way to me, except perhaps hanging from my neck.

I am used to big cameras, and slogging weight around as needed until my camera is in the right place with the right lens.

Underwater gear is even worse, since it all encases the camera. At least underwater it is neutral. My rig with two strobes, focus light, camera, lens and wide angle dome weighs more than 30 pounds above water.

So you haven’t actually used the camera and lens the OP is asking about. Your point, apart from showing off a nauticam housing, is?

Toby43's gear list:Toby43's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow