Camera phones and YOU.

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 22,394
Re: Fun with the phone camera

Laybourne wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

57even wrote:

Yes, but FF isn't really defining the camera market, any more than Mercedes define the state of the car market. The recent offerings in the D3xxx and Canon Rebel market offer very little over the previous versions.

And that's the part of the market which is declining fast.

I would argue the opposite... just in the last year or so we've had 3 new FF systems launch. I think Sony has made 2 FE bodies for every APS-C E body over the same period. And I'm not even going to get into lenses. As you said the entry level crop bodies offer very little over previous versions. Why? Maybe it's manufacturers fueling a death spiral. Or maybe they have concluded that huge investments and upgrades at the bottom will yield very little payback.

It's not about how many FF systems are launching. It's about how many people are buying them.

This thread makes that all too clear: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62804818

A thread based upon a nonsensical premise and personal bias isn't worth reading.  But you know that already.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow