Which of these looks sharper/better to you?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
tbcass
OP tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 42,794
Re: Which of these looks sharper/better to you?

I find it amusing that after I posted info that revealed which was the Sony and also mentioned this thread in the Sony SLT forum the 70-400 got a bunch of votes. It's why in polls like this what gear is represented must be kept secrete. Now I do not claim the Tamron is as good as the Sony because the 70-400 G2 is supposed to be the best of it's type but but for sharpness they are darn close. Here's a sharpness comparison between The Tamron mounted on a Canon 5D MK III and a Sony A900, cameras that are pretty comparable relative to resolution. In fact the Sony's slightly higher resolution sensor might give the 70-400 a slight advantage yet the two are very close.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/lens-compare-fullscreen?compare=true&lensId=tamron_150-600_5-6p3_vc&cameraId=canon_eos5dmkiii&version=0&fl=400&av=5.6&view=mtf-ca&lensId2=sony_70-400_4-5p6_gssmii&cameraId2=sony_dslra900&version2=0&fl2=400&av2=5.6

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow