Bricked Sony a6300

Started Jun 20, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DangerDanger New Member • Posts: 2
Bricked Sony a6300

I've been scouring these forums and the rest of the internet and have yet to find a solution to this problem. I made an account here and hopefully one of you can help!

Symptoms:

When I try to turn the camera on, the shutter tries to move twice and then it says "Camera Error. Turn power odd then on." It then refuses to do anything unless I remove the battery.

Relevant Backstory:

This started when I was checking a few batteries to make sure they were fully charged. I put them in, waited until the power display percentage showed up, and then popped them out.

My Theory:

I think that I must have ejected one battery while the shutter was moving and that broke/confused something in the camera. i.e. It didn't get to do a full shutter cycle.

I can confirm that popping a battery out while the camera is doing it's startup shutter routine will make the shutter stick in a different place. I removed the lens and kept putting the battery in and out, and saw the shutter "trying" to cycle. This is how I came up with my hypothesis (above). I then tried for a while until I was able to pop the battery out mid cycle, and the shutter stopped in a new place. The shutter was never fully open, but I at least figured out that popping the battery out while the shutter is moving effectively freezes it in place.

Does anybody have any ideas about how I can fix this? Thanks!

Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow